Thursday, December 23, 2010

TILT!!!

its thursday!

and you know what that means?  its time for another round of TILT!

1.  yarn!  i love the way it feels and smells.  i love all the colors and how cozy i feel amongst skeins of it in any craft store.  if given the chance, i would and could spend hours browsing yarn...and then spend hundreds of dollars on skeins....

don't judge me, i know i am not alone on my love for luxurious yarn.
since unplugging parts of my life from the online world (mainly facebook which kind of consumed me), i have been diving right back into my crafting.  and i love nothing more than creating things for people.  granted, i have been crocheting since high school, so well over 13 years.  but reading patterns is extremely difficult for me and i only know a few stitches.  so my creations are super basic.  but this week i finally mastered the "puff" stitch.  well my version of it, haha.
















2. cupcakes! om nom nom.  not just any out of the box cupcake.  not those crappy ones you buy from the bakery at the grocery store, but those classy (yes classy), tasty (amazing flavors!), designer looking, looks too pretty to eat cupcakes from cupcakeries (is that a word?).

if you really love me, you'll buy me cupcakes.  just sayin' ;)
while searching for tasty images, i ran across this amazing blog that has some amazing goodies and recipes, i suggest you check it out.  i have a feeling i will be hitting this blog up more often now: http://fieldsofcake.blogspot.com/



3.  my christmas tree!!!  i'm biased, so shoot me.
its not the best picture, but i like it.  reminds me of old timey photos.



 4.  chick-fil-a!  granted because of their christian morals they're closed on sundays (you bastards!), i can't help but love this place.  amazing chicken sammiches, southern style sweet tea, real ice cream milkshakes so thick your brain explodes and motherfuckin' waffle fries!!!!


other things im loving?

snow, christmas cookies, beautifully wrapped presents under impeccably decorated trees, bath & body works body sprays, spinach dip and hawaiian bread, matte fingernail polish, knee-high suede slouchy boots paired with jeggings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to advise. that yarn is fucking amazing and I miss crocheting - but my skills are basic as well and reading fucking patterns makes me feel retarded.

Second thing that needs to be addressed - Chick Fil A milkshake date?

Third thing thats unrelated - the world needs skilled hairstylists that have some edge, go for it, succeed, be great :D

Anonymous said...

Also advise that cupcakeries is quickly becoming a word - true to the dictionary or not.

sheena may... said...

i <3 you so much!

yes, we definitely need a milkshake date, but when?!?!?!


have no fear about crocheting, patterns make me feel like i should be wearing a helmet. but the stitch n' bitch book, the happy hooker, really helped me figure some stuff out. also, i've been watching youtube videos to get that whole "visual" learning aspect. but i'm right there with you, my skills are basic.