Sunday, November 7, 2010

and thats the difference!

i totally forgot that it was daylight savings time.  so i woke up this morning feeling somewhat refreshed and rested.  granted, i am still sick so i was feeling as refreshed and rested as i could be. 

because i was sick this weekend has been a total bummer.  i've only left the apartment a few times, once for iain's final soccer match of the season (the mighty eagles were victorious again!) and out to dinner last night with R. and his brother ReRe.  even being sick, last night was full of laughs and they were much needed.

my little sidekick has lately has been saying some pretty off the wall things.  such as ending every sentence with "and thats the difference!" while we were driving home last night, we were all trying to explain to him what "difference" really means.  let me tell you, its pretty tough.  and of course, I. had to add a little humor to the conversation when R. was trying to explain to him.  I. finally ended the moment of silence with "Oh, so you don't know!" i could have died, i was laughing so unbelievably hard, i couldn't catch my breath a few times.

and this blog wouldn't be complete without a little NaNoWriMo update! 

we're one month into november and i'm doing pretty good.  i've had a few days where i couldn't be bothered to write much or write at all.  but i think as long as i write during the week and make up for some of it on the weekends i'll be okay.  right now i'm a little behind, my stats say i'll finish dec. 4th at the rate i'm going.  but i wont let that deter me from my goal.  i've even been letting a friend read my story every few days and she is hooked!

stay tuned for more NaNo updates.  i am hoping *fingers crossed* that i may be able to attend a write in or two in the next week.  now that I. doesn't have any activities going on that leaves our evenings free to head up to aromas coffee house.  we'll see what happens.

No comments: