Wednesday, January 26, 2011

purge this!

So I feel like Im in that nesting phase you go through when you're pregnant.

Only...Im not pregnant and well Im not making my apartment feel "homey". Its really quite the opposite, I am making it look and feel quite barren by purging most of my belongings.

Im in the process of downsizing my life. Really in more than just one way. Its amazing how much crap can accumulate over the years.

As an example: I worked in a chain bookstore for a little over two years. During that time I built myself quite the collection of books, movies and cds. Since then I have moved a handful of times, toting along 7 boxes of books alone. Two giant bins...yes, bins....of DVDs (hell, I still have VHS tapes!) And 2 or 3 boxes of cds. What can I say? My discount was pretty awesome. But at one time books were my life. Of course, my son was younger, I was younger, wild even. I lived in those books. I would read...no no, I would devour them. Word after word. Buying new books on a weekly basis became a sick obsession.

So I came home today and took every single book out of the 7 boxes.....


And now I am just staring at them.  I'm totally overwhelmed...what a bad idea!!

I gotta get rid of these! (and these are just the paperbacks!)













Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

damn girl...i wanna buy some, but i am trying to get rid of some too! i have a book addiction...